The National Capital, Delhi, has always been in talks not just about the country but throughout the world for its political endeavors and important events that are hosted in the city. Delhi and the nearby National Capital Region (NCR) has one of the best and high revenue-generating companies that are interesting and important to look forward to while searching for a job.
Working in these companies enriches your resume and provides you with the best job and work-life experience! Not just Indian companies, but a wide number of multinational companies (MNCs) are a part of Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR) mainly in the sectors of Noida and Gurgaon (now popularly known as Gurugram).
Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR) have also been involved in introducing the world to some of the biggest companies that not only generate high revenues but also fulfill the social responsibility towards the society and the country equally well.
Here is a list of one of the best companies introduced to the world that commenced in Delhi:
1. Snapdeal – Founded in 2010, Snapdeal is an e-commerce platform that was initially developed as a daily deals platform and later went on to become an online marketplace for consumers to buy and sell products online.
Snapdeal brought about a change in the traditional market set up of not just Delhi but all across India by enabling the sellers to sell not just luxury brands but local and regional products and merchandise. It also offered the customers and buyers a convenient platform to shop from the convenience of sitting at home and relaxing, saving them the hassle of going about in the market and looking for products.
Within the decade, Snapdeal has grown up to become a unicorn with a market valuation of $6.5 billion.
2. Max Life Insurance – Max Life insurance Co Ltd is a life insurance Company that is commenced as a joint venture between Max India Ltd and Axis bank. Initiated as a subsidiary of Max financial services, Max life insurance Co Ltd was established in the year 2001 after the liberalization of a showroom sector in India in the year 2000.
The company focuses on creating a platform that enables the customers to buy insurance without the interference of any intermediaries through both online and offline methods. From life insurance to child protection to health pension and retirement insurance, they have covered all insurance to secure customers.
The company has a market valuation of $4 billion.
3. Dr. Lal Path Labs – Founded in 1949, Dr. Lal Path Labs is a diagnostic and health care test-related service provider that is not just in the capital of India but all across the country as well as on international borders. The company has over 200 laboratories and diagnostic centers with over 1500 collecting centers spread all across the country.
The company is said to cater to over 10 million patients per year and are widely renowned for their efficient and accurate results of healthcare tests and diagnosis.
4. Bharti Airtel Limited by Bharti Enterprises – Founded in 1976, Bharti Enterprises is an Indian multinational conglomerate. The enterprise has a versatile business profile with its hand in manufacturing, agribusiness, telecommunications, financial services, hospitality, and real estate. Bharti Airtel Ltd also popularly known as Airtel operates in over 18 countries providing mobile services from 2G, 3G, 4G, and 4G+. The company is the second largest mobile network provider in India and the third-largest mobile network provider in the world.
The transmission towers of the mobile network provider are operated through Bharti Infratel along with Indus Towers in India. Bharti portal provides telecom infrastructure services like Telecom towers fiber networks. Airtel has expanded its business from a mobile network provider to a broadband, satellite DTH television network provider, payment banker, Digital television and internet television, and an Internet Protocol Television (IPTV).
As of 2021, Airtel has a market value of $13 billion.
5. Cosco (India) Limited – Founded in 1980, Cosco India Limited is an Indian sports equipment trader and manufacturer. Cosco is the most popular sports equipment producer and is known by almost every child to every adult in the country majorly for its tennis balls, tennis and badminton rackets, and cricket bats. Most of the tournaments are small or huge and famous use Cosco’s sports equipment and products.
Even after 40 years the company is the best in business and has maintained a good reputation in the market for producing good and high-quality products. The company is also associated with The Sports Goods Foundation of India, The World Federation of Sporting Goods Industry, and The Sports Goods Export Promotion Council because of their valuable contribution to the sports equipment industry.
Edited by Anupama Roy