Convertible Cars are one of the most elite and luxury category of cars. This category enables the user to drive with or without the roof according to their convenience. A convertible car allows an open-ended, close to nature driving experience to not just the driver but all the passengers with an extraordinary feature of putting on the roof whenever and wherever required by the user.
A varied number of convertible cars of multiple brands that have a specialization in manufacturing and producing convertible cars are available in India. These convertible cars have distinct features and specifications from one another.
Let’s have a look at the best and top 10 favorite convertible cars in India for an enjoyable driving experience:
- Mini Cooper convertible – The Mini Cooper convertible is the most inexpensive and reasonably priced convertible car of its league that is available in India with a price starting at just Rs. 40.10 Lakh. The car operates through an electrically operated roof-top. The soft-top is quite smooth to operate at up to a speed of 30 kmph and the retraction time is as little as 18 seconds. The Cooper Convertible is a 4-seater and has a length of 3850mm, a width of 1727mm, and a wheelbase of 2495mm. To add more to the configuration, there is an insertion of a roll-over protection system that is adopted as soon as it senses a possible roll-over. In terms of the specifications, the Mini Cooper Convertible gets 1.5-liter diesel and 1.5-liter petrol units that are capable of generating respective power outputs of 116bhp and 134bhp and are mated to a 6-speed manual or auto gearbox.
- Porsche 718– The Porsche 718 is the next one of the most favorite convertible cars in India. The value of Porsche 718 commences at Rs. 85.46 Lakh and goes up till Rs. 1.63 Cr. Porsche 718 is being produced in 4 variants – the base model of 718 is Cayman and the top variant Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 which comes at a price tag of Rs. 1.63 Cr. The convertible car has a contemporary 4-cylinder turbocharged 2.0-liter petrol unit. The Porsche 718 has 2 Petrol Engines to provide. The Petrol engine is powered at1988 cc and 3995 cc. It is available with the Automatic & Manual transmission modes. Depending upon the variant and fuel type the 718 has a mileage of 9.0 to 9.17 kmpl. The 718 is a 2-seater car and has a length of 4456mm, a width of 1994mm, and a wheelbase of 2475mm with a boot space of 150 liters the car is one of the hot-selling of its league.
- Mercedes Benz AMG GT– As it is said one can never go wrong with the Mercedes Benz. It is one of the best convertible cars series in India. There are two variants available in India, the Mercedes-AMG GT R, and the GT Roadster. While the prior is priced at Rs. 2.23 Cr, the second will cost the customer Rs. 2.19 Cr. The Mercedes AMG GT R is motorized with a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 petrol engine that produces 585PS of power and 700Nm of torque. Coupled with the engine is a 7-speed, dual-clutch transmission that sends the power to the rear wheels only and is powered to complete the 0-100kmph sprint in 3.6 seconds and can reach the top speed of 318kmph.
- Lamborghini Huracan EVO – Lamborghini has always been the winner of the charts of the best high-end luxury car brands that also manufacture convertible cars. It is available in variants of rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive. The value of the Lamborghini Huracan EVO begins at Rs. 3.22 Cr and goes up till Rs. 4.10 Cr. Lamborghini Huracan EVO is offered in 3 variants – the base model of Huracan EVO is RWD and the top variant Lamborghini Huracan EVO Spyder is priced at Rs. 4.10 Cr. The Lamborghini Huracan EVO has 1 Petrol Engine to provide. The Petrol engine is powered at 5204 cc. It is available with Automatic transmission. Depending upon the variant and fuel type the Huracan EVO has a mileage of 7.19 kmpl. The Huracan EVO is a 2-seater and has a length of 4520 mm, a width of 1933 mm, and a wheelbase of 2620 mm. Alloy wheels and airbags are the most basic features of this biggie.
- BMW Z4– BMW has the classiest and fairly inexpensive convertible cars to offer. The BMW Z4 starts with a price of Rs. 67.00 Lakh and goes up till Rs. 81.90 Lakh as the top model. The BMW Z4 has 2 Petrol Engines to provide. The Petrol engine is powered at 1998 cc and 2998 cc. It is available with Automatic transmission. Depending upon the variant and fuel type the BMW Z4 has a mileage of 11.29 to 14.37 kmpl. The Z4 is a 2-seater and has a length of 4324 mm, a width of 2024 mm, and a wheelbase of 2470 mm. The fuel tank capacity is 52.0 and the boot space is 281 liters.
- Ferrari Portofino – One can never forget the classic Ferrari when we are talking about convertible cars in the business. The convertible is priced at a whooshing amount of Rs. 3.50 Cr. The Ferrari Portofino has 1 Petrol Engine to provide. The Petrol engine is powered at 3855 cc. It is available with Automatic transmission. Depending upon the variant and fuel type the Portofino has a mileage of 9.0 kmpl. The Portofino is a 4-seater and has a length of 4586mm, a width of 1938mm, and a wheelbase of 2670mm along with a fuel tank capacity of 81.0. Automatic climate control is a varied feature that the car offers.
- Bentley Continental– Bentley is the most distinct luxury and convertible car brand. The Bentley Continental commences at the price of Rs. 3.29 Cr and goes up till Rs. 3.91 Cr. Bentley Continental is offered in 4 variants – the base model of Continental is GT V8 and the top variant Bentley Continental GTC tags at Rs. 3.91 Cr. The Bentley Continental has 2 Petrol Engines to provide. The Petrol engine is powered at3993 cc and 5998 cc. It is available with Automatic transmission as well. Depending upon the variant and fuel type, the Continental has a mileage of 9.8 to 12.9 kmpl. The Continental is a 4-seater and has a length of 4807mm, a width of 2226mm, and a wheelbase of 2746mm. The multi-functioning steering wheel is a distinct feature of the car.
- Aston Martin Vantage – Aston Martin is a fairly infamous brand in India as compared to others but has quite attractive features to offer in this convertible. Aston Martin Vantage starts at Rs. 3.00 Cr and goes up till Rs. 3.50 Cr. Aston Martin Vantage is being produced in 2 variants – the base model of Vantage is V8 and the top variant Aston Martin Vantage Roadster which is tagged at Rs. 3.50 Cr. The Aston Martin Vantage has 1 Petrol Engine to provide. The Petrol engine is powered at 3998 cc. It is available with Manual transmission. The Vantage is a 2-seater and has a length of 4739mm, a width of 1940mm, and a wheelbase of 2804mm with electric adjustable front seats as a distinctive feature.
- Mercedes Benz C Class – Back to a fairly inexpensive convertible car in India, we have the classic Mercedes C class. This car has all the brilliance to offer at Rs. 41.31 Lakh and goes up till Rs. 1.39 Cr. Mercedes Benz C Class is being produced in 8 variants – the base model of C Class is Prime C 200 and the top variant Mercedes Benz New C Class C 63 which is tagged at Rs. 1.39 Cr. The Mercedes Benz C Class has 1 Diesel Engine and 4 Petrol Engines to provide. The Diesel engine is 1950 cc while the Petrol engine is powered at 1950 cc and 1991 cc and 2996 cc and 3982 cc. It is also provided with Automatic transmission. Depending on the variant and fuel type the C Class has a mileage of 9.6 to 12.6 kmpl. The C Class is a 5-seater and has a length of 4686mm, a width of 1810mm, and a wheelbase of 2840mm with 480 liters boot space and rear window defoggers.
- Aston Martin DB11– Last but not least we have the Aston Martin DB11. The price of the Aston Martin DB11 commences at Rs. 3.80 Cr and goes up till Rs. 4.20 Cr. Aston Martin DB11 is being produced in 3 variants – the base model of DB11 is V8 and the top variant Aston Martin DB11 V12 is tagged at Rs. 4.20 Cr. The Aston Martin DB11 has 1 Petrol Engine to provide. The Petrol engine is powered at 3998 cc. It is available with Manual transmission. The DB11 is a 2-seater and has a length of 4739, a width of 1940, and a wheelbase of 2804 with power boot and power steering.